The Pilot Programme of the Film Industry Fund NPC currently concentrates on Productions taking place in and around Cape Town in the Western Cape.
Currently the Fund is endorsed by The Western Cape Provincial Government, The City of Cape Town, The South African Association of Stills Producers and many individual Commercial Production companies
All companies that film on location in Cape Town are encouraged to contribute to this fund.
- Production Company signs up as contributor to the fund and completes form giving fund administrator permission to access permits.
- Fund administrator supplies the Cape Town Film Permit office with the signed document
- Cape Town Film Permit Office forwards all permits generated for specific production company to the fund administrator
- Fund administrator generates invoice based on the size of the production and amount of days on location per shoot (maximum 5 days charge – any period longer than this to be negotiated with community)
- Micro Shoots – no charge
- Small Shoot – R250 per day
- Medium Shoot – R500 per day
- Large Shoot – R750 per day
- Very Large Shoot – R1000 per day
- Production company pays the invoice into the fund’s bank account
- Fund administrator ring fences the funds (15% admin, 35% communal fund, 50% to specific ward as per permit)
- Every three months ward councilors and residents association chairpersons receive a statement indicating the funds allocated to the ward
- Ward councilors and residents associations put forward proposals based on the available funds
- Funds for projects requested by ward councilors and residents associations approved by the Fund Board of Directors transferred to the relevant applicant’s account.
Suppliers to the Film Industry and Individuals.
Suppliers to and individuals within the South African Film Industry are encouraged to make annual contributions to the Film Industry Fund NPC because it is in the best interest of all companies and individuals associated with the Film Industry to ensure the sustainability of the industry by contributing towards the community. All donations made by suppliers and individuals will go directly into the communal fund which will be used for projects in the poorer communities surrounding Cape Town. Suppliers can make any size donation they choose.
Email us for more details on supplier contributions.